Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Our Wedding

We were married at the Sabylund Lutheran Church in Stockholm (some might say Lund) Wisconsin. It is a picturesque church built (I'm guessing) in the early to mid 1900's. It is a brick structure with a tall steeple situated at the end of a tree lined lane, a fairy book picture which I will always remember.

I wrote our wedding vows. Sorry, but the English major in me came out.

Our Statement

I stand before God, my loved ones,
and friends clothes in the purity
of your lvoe.

This ring exchanged, signifying
my bond with you throughout
eternity.

Yet, I am and you are. We will
grow separately; though stand
together. Visibly spaced as two
trees in the forest, but our roots
entwine;
creating a firm foundation to face
the storm.

Two halves have no choice but to
join, and yes, they do make a whole.

But when two wholes collide;
that is beauty.

That is love.

And so our two trees stood apart. We each had our own lives. Yet our roots were intertwined. And even though Irene's tree has been cut down our roots remain intertwined and her life continues to influence mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment