Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's Kind of Like.........

Our church started a new class entitled "Your Whole Life". It is about living well. I joined it in hopes of loosing some weight. (So far I'm down 10 pounds.) Part of the program is exercise, and I've been walking. I have 3 routes from 1.5 to 4.5 miles depending on the weather & my mood.

I have found that my mind tends to wander during these walks. I'll talk with God at times, then Irene, then blank. Today I reflected on the fact that my mind would wander from God to Irene to nothing or other things. I came to the conclusion that I was in a place that was kind of like the Catholic belief in Purgatory.

By Purgatory, I mean that I am in between. Emotionally, there are days that I do not grieve. Then, there are days that bring back memories, and I weep. And, I am geographically in between places. I am trying to sell the house and relocate to simplify my life. Also, there are other issues that I will not discuss here that are unresolved. So, in many ways I am in between places which is Purgatory - not in Heaven or Hell.

Yet, I know that somehow all these things will be resolved in time and that my walks will help to bring about those resolutions. As Irene said a thousand times or more, "It's in God's hands."

No comments:

Post a Comment