Total Pageviews

Monday, April 18, 2011

Trees

Trees have always carried significance for Irene and I. Our wedding vows (page 1 of this blog) refer to trees, Irene's favorite poster in her office was about trees and children.

The backyard of our house in Ohio was shaded by an elm that was over 150 years old. We babied that tree, but in the end Dutch elm got it, and we had to have it cut down. When the tree died, Irene said it was alright to sell the house and move. Thus, we came to Oregon (but Irene brought two slices of the tree's trunk with us).

Irene was my tree and I hers. Now that she is gone, I have decided that on many levels and for many reasons it is time to sell our home. That said, our roots remain intertwined as I wrote in a previous post thus Irene will be with me when I move.

Good memories last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment